MEGAPROJECT: SIMPLIFYING SUSTAINABLE LIVING
FOCUS AREA: WASTE
CHALLENGE: WASTE HANDLING IN PRIVATE HOUSE HOLDS
This challenge seeks to understand problems, drivers and barriers related to the sorting of waste and to the reduction of waste in private house holds. In addition, it also wishes to identify and develop solutions that can reduce the problems and barriers as well as open for experimental testing of preexisting solutions and innovations.
The overall aim of this challenge is to develop better local information and differentiated waste solutions for different types of house holds.
PROPOSED PROJECT PROBLEMS:
- How does different age groups experience the challenges associated with waste and how does this reflect in the need for different solutions?
- How can larger waste objects like furniture be recycled within the neighborhood?
- What kind of community can be developed locally within the neighborhood to support a better local system for recycling?
- How can the residents learn to handle their waste more accurately?
- How can the understanding of learning conditions in every day life situations influence the challenges associated with waste?
- How can the understanding of the use of language in communication influence the challenges associated with waste?
- How can the concept of waste be challenged and rebranded?
Hanne Louise Jensen
sociology and social work
Communication and psychology